April 22 is International Earth Day and the theme for Earth Day 2022 is “Invest In Our Planet.”
Every government, every business, and every individual in this world has a voice. There is not going to be one person who can do it all. But now is the time. Together, we can make a difference. We need to act as a team altogether.
At Earth to Life we understand that even the smallest step can reduce our impact on the planet. One of our favourite quotes is this:
If you've followed us for a while, you would know we act consciously every day by using recycled packing, biodegradable bags and tape and natural fibre ribbon on our online orders. In store, we encourage all our customers to bring (or purchase) a reusable bag. Our range of products is carefully curated to include sustainable and reusable options, Australian made products, bamboo, hemp, natural skin care and more.
Here are some exciting ways you could celebrate Earth Day 2022;
- Read: Read up our amazing planet - especially Australia. Learn about our flora & fauna and what you can do to protect them.
- Visit a national park : Head outside and take advantage of the last of the warm days before we get to Winter.
- Save energy: The way we generate energy has a big impact on our planet. Therefore, this Earth Day, switch off lights and electrical appliances when you don't use them...switch to energy-saving LED light globes...shut doors and close curtains....hang your washing outside and skip the dryer!
- Pledge to limit the use of plastic: The ill-effects of plastics are too many. Therefore, celebrate Earth day by limiting the use of plastics. Swap Glad Wrap for Reusable Stretch Wraps, use a Bamboo Toothbrush instead of plastic, even swap to Reusable Coffee Pods! You can shop our entire range of Reusables Here.
- Choose sustainable clothing options: Natural fibres such as bamboo, hemp, organic cotton, linen and merino are far better options than synthetics. Not only is their production less harmful to the environment, they are much better for our skin!
- Clean up plastic in your neighbourhood or local park: One of the best ways to connect with the Earth is through cleanups! Go on a walk with a garbage bag and help to clean up any plastic that you find. Perhaps you know of a nearby ditch that is polluted with rubbish that needs a spring cleaning!
- Swap out your kitchen and household products: Think replacing single use items or non-recyclable/non-biodegradable items with more sustainable options. Reusable baking mats, silicon bowl covers, silicon wraps are just a few! Swap to a dish brush with a replaceable head and a biodegradable pot scrubber. We have a range of Eco Kitchen products and Eco Cleaning products for every need!
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle in the garden: Caring about yourself and nature means being less wasteful and saving money, too. Recycle all plastics and think about composting biodegradable products. Our No Waste Composting book should strike inspiration or think about adding a Bokashi Bucket to your home!
- Conserve water: We waste a lot of water. Avoid overwatering your plants and improve their health by knowing ow much your garden needs. Avoid watering from overhead, water at soil level instead. For gardens, flower beds, trees, and other non-lawn areas, consider installing a drip irrigation system, if using a sprinkler, put it on a timer. Harvest your rainwater from a roof, gutters, and sky with water tank if possible and use this water for your garden and toilet.
- Get the kids involved! Plant a tree, pot some herbs, set up a compost bin, plant a garden that attracts native bees and birds, talk about recycling...the ideas are endless and our kids play an important part in being sustainable!
Earth Day is not just a movement, it’s a hope that everything’s not lost. That we still care for our planet and are ready to do whatever it takes to protect it, on Earth Day and Every Day.