Shirt Bamboo Dreaming Mens Short Sleeve Pamapardu
- Regular price
- $62.00 AUD
- Sale price
- $62.00 AUD
- Regular price
- Unit price
Earn 10 Earthsaver Points per $1 spent My balance
Pamapardu Jukurrpa (Flying Ant Dreaming) – Warntungurru
This painting depicts the Pamapardu Jukurrpa (Flying Ant
Dreaming) from Wapurtali, west of Yuendumu. ‘Pamapardu’
is the Warlpiri name for the flying ants or termites that
build the large anthills found throughout Warlpiri country.
This country belongs to Nakamarra/Napurrurla women and
Jakamarra/Jupurrurla men. ‘Pamapardu’ are flying ants. They
build earth mounds (‘mingkirri’) that are common in the
Tanami area. When heavy rains come in summer the
‘mingkirri’ get flooded out, so the ‘pamapardu’ grow wings
and fly off to make new homes, following their queens to dry
mounds or to build a new. When they have found their new
home they drop their wings. In this stage they can be
collected, lightly cooked in coals and eaten. As they fall to
the ground women collect them to eat because they are
nice and sweet. In contemporary Warlpiri paintings
traditional iconography is used to represent the Jukurrpa,
particular sites and other elements. When this Jukurrpa
story is painted concentric circles are used to represent the
‘mingkirri’ and the rockholes involved in the story, including
the central one at Wapurtali (Mt Singleton). Dashes are
often depicted around the circles to represent the
Artist: Maria Nampijinpa Brown
- Organically grown wild bamboo
- Loose fit
- Chest pocket
- Bamboo wood-look buttons
65% Bamboo Fiber 35% Cotton
Care and Use Instructions: cold machine wash with like colours. Do not bleach, soak or rub
Do not tumble dry. Warm iron, Do not dry clean
Here are some of the reasons we love Bamboo Clothing:
- Naturally Organic- bamboo is grown without pesticides or fertilizers. Luxuriously soft - bamboo feels like silky cashmere.
- Comfortable and Anti-Static– Fabric made from bamboo is incredibly soft and luxurious, and has an anti-static nature, so it sits well against your skin without clinging.
- Absorbent- bamboo absorbs up to 60% more water than cotton. This makes it an excellent choice for drawing moisture off the body.
- Antibacterial– Bamboo is naturally and continuously antibacterial, staying fresh and odour free for longer.
- Breathable- the porous nature of the fibre makes it breathable and extremely comfortable against the skin.
- Thermo-regulating- keeps the wearer warm in cool weather, and cool in warm weather.
- Hypoallergenic- bamboo's organic and natural properties make it non-irritating so perfect for extra sensitive skin
- UV Protective– it cuts out 98% of harmful UV rays.
Delivery in most cases is via Australia Post. In some regional areas local delivery contractors are used. Once your purchase is received, allow 1-4 days for dispatch of your goods. Goods are dispatched on week-days only, excluding weekends and public holidays. Tracking identification will be sent via the customers email address and/or mobile number provided.