Yirrkala Dreaming (East Arnhem Land)
Artist: Ben Jungarrayi Vincent. (Skin name Gungorogone)
Ben has painted a story deriving from his mother’s Jukurrpa, Dreaming in reference to the Duhwa Clan from Yirrkala, East Arnhem Land.
“Everything in the Yolnu world view is made up of two moieties. One is Yirritja and the other one is Dhuwa.
Dhuwa and Yirrita make up our world view. They are two halves of our holistic world view. Yirritja and Dhuwa fit together perfectly.
Everything in Yirritja and Dhuwa is connected. Yirritja and Dhuwa people intermarry and everything in the land is either Yirritja or Dhuwa”.
- Organically grown wild bamboo
- Loose fit
- Chest pocket
- Bamboo wood-look buttons
65% Bamboo Fiber 35% Cotton
Care and Use Instructions: cold machine wash with like colours. Do not bleach, soak or rub
Do not tumble dry. Warm iron, Do not dry clean
Here are some of the reasons we love Bamboo Clothing:
- Naturally Organic- bamboo is grown without pesticides or fertilizers. Luxuriously soft - bamboo feels like silky cashmere.
- Comfortable and Anti-Static– Fabric made from bamboo is incredibly soft and luxurious, and has an anti-static nature, so it sits well against your skin without clinging.
- Absorbent- bamboo absorbs up to 60% more water than cotton. This makes it an excellent choice for drawing moisture off the body.
- Antibacterial– Bamboo is naturally and continuously antibacterial, staying fresh and odour free for longer.
- Breathable- the porous nature of the fibre makes it breathable and extremely comfortable against the skin.
- Thermo-regulating- keeps the wearer warm in cool weather, and cool in warm weather.
- Hypoallergenic- bamboo's organic and natural properties make it non-irritating so perfect for extra sensitive skin
- UV Protective– it cuts out 98% of harmful UV rays.