The fabric mix of 65% bamboo fibre and 35% cotton cuts out 98% of harmful UV rays. The addition of cotton also ensures that the fabric is hard wearing.
Here are some of the reasons we love Bamboo Clothing:
- Naturally Organic- bamboo is grown without pesticides or fertilizers. Luxuriously soft - bamboo feels like silky cashmere.
- Comfortable and Anti-Static– Fabric made from bamboo is incredibly soft and luxurious, and has an anti-static nature, so it sits well against your skin without clinging.
- Absorbent- bamboo absorbs up to 60% more water than cotton. This makes it an excellent choice for drawing moisture off the body.
- Antibacterial– Bamboo is naturally and continuously antibacterial, staying fresh and odour free for longer.
- Breathable- the porous nature of the fibre makes it breathable and extremely comfortable against the skin.
- Thermo-regulating- keeps the wearer warm in cool weather, and cool in warm weather.
- Hypoallergenic- bamboo's organic and natural properties make it non-irritating so perfect for extra sensitive skin
- UV Protective– it cuts out 98% of harmful UV rays.
The Aboriginal design on this shirt tells the story of women during the Dreamtime who danced at Mina Mina (a women’s sacred Dreaming site). The straight lines depict the 'karlangu' (digging sticks) that rose up out of the ground and were used by the women to collect bush tucker such as ‘jintiparnta’ (desert truffles) which are represented by concentric circles and ‘ngalyipi’ (snake vine) which are the curved lines in this design. Make sure you zoom in to see this exquisite design in detail.
You can read more about this ‘Jurkurrpa’ Dreaming design on the accompanying swing tag. When you wear this shirt, you are wearing Aboriginal art.